- Dr. Ashraf El Rabiey QIZ Unit Head and Mr. El Sayed Kamal Negm Head of Egyptian Customs Authority signed a cooperation protocol for electronic exchange of qualified companies information under QIZ protocol
- The protocol helps with the QIZ Unit belief of trade facilitation and implementation of a strategy of constant and periodic control and follow up using information technology for sustainable development.
- QIZ Unit and the US Fashion Industry organized jointly a webinar on the 18th of September 2018 - titled “Duty-Free Sourcing from Egypt: Update on the Egypt QIZ & New Sourcing Opportunities”
- An Irish company seeking to rent or buy a factory for ready-made garments in Egypt
- Dr. Ashraf El Rabiey, QIZ Unit Head and some of the largest exporters of ready-made garments gave a presentation on QIZ protocol and its competitive advantage
- Duty Free Market Access
- Simple and Flexible Requirements
- No Export Quotas
- Competitive Factor Costs
- Open-ended Validity of the Protocol
- Cost-effective Labor Force
- Egypt's Geography
In order to enjoy the benefits of the QIZ Protocol:
Register online and send the supporting documents to QIZ Unit ...
- To check the latest Procedural Circular No. 87 dated 15 January 2018
All QIZ companies must submit a complete Quarterly Review Form &supporting documents to QIZ Unit as follows:
- Quarter 1: 1st – 15th of April
- Quarter 2: 1st – 15th of July
- Quarter 3: 1st – 15th of October
- Quarter 4: 1st – 15th of January
- Appreciating prior booking ...
Get to Know:
- QIZ Companies List
- List Of QIZ Ready Made Garments Exporting companies
Explore QIZ Statistics.
Minister Plenipotentiary Commercial Dr. Ashraf El Rabiey QIZ Unit Head and Mr. El Sayed Kamal Negm Head of Egyptian Customs Authority signed a cooperation protocol for electronic exchange of qualified companies information under QIZ protocol.
The protocol helps with the QIZ Unit belief of trade facilitation and implementation of a strategy of constant and periodic control and follow up using information technology for sustainable development.
The protocol states that the Customs Authority provides the QIZ Unit data of exports and imports of the qualified factories electronically where the data received from the Customs Authority comply with the data provided from qualified companies enrolled in the QIZ.
The parties agreed on identifying the points of contact for technical implementation methods.
The QIZ Unit and the United States Fashion Industry jointly organized a webinar titled “Duty-Free Sourcing from Egypt: Update on the Egypt QIZ & New Sourcing Opportunities” on the 18th of September at 8:00 p.m. (in Cairo time)
This webinar aimed to promote Egypt exports through discussing the latest updates and opportunities available in the Egyptian market.
A live broadcast of the webinar was available on USFIA website for those who are interested in the industry.
About the United States Fashion Industry Association
The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA), established in 1989, works to eliminate tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the fashion industry’s ability to trade freely. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA represents textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally.
The QIZ unit is thrilled to announce that we are arranging for a visit of a big Irish company that has factories in Myanmar and Bangladesh, to the Egyptian market. The company is interested in producing its products in Egypt and exporting them to USA and EU
The Irish company specializes in work wear and woven fabrics and is looking for an established factory in a qualified industrial zone with an area of about 10,000 m2 for rent, lease or buy.
Kindly note that a delegation from the company will be visiting Egypt from 28th to 31st of October 2018